Saturday, May 15, 2010

Summer is... the smell of grass clippings.

I will proudly admit that I am a huge fan of freshly cut grass. It smells so good to me! The other day, the landscapers cut the grass and it rained soon afterward. The smell filled the air, and there was a little bit of sunshine. I rolled down my car windows and took a deep breath... It felt like home. I felt peace. And I smiled.

Mother Nature still seems to be a bit bipolar as of late... It starts off bright and sunny, and then it will randomly start pouring rain, then go back to bright and sunny. Although it's been a few weeks since snow. Or hail. *shakes fist*

But today, finally, I can look out the window and not be confused as to why the birds are chirping. So we will venture to the zoo. I haven't been since I got the pass and I want to make the most of it... Even though a bunch of the exhibits are closing for remodel. Apparently I picked the wrong year to get a pass.

Because it has been a while (for which I am not apologizing for because, quite frankly, that is getting old), I think we are due for an update!

Tegan now has 8 teeth. That's right, I said 8. 1.2.3.4.5.6.7.8. She seems to be moving at the speed of light... Her personality is coming out a lot more and people seem to be falling heads over heels for her. At the current moment we are working on potty training. Just the beginning steps. Right now she things that if she goes into the bathroom, she gets a sticker.... But she has gone in the big girl potty a lot! She is only 15 months old and so smart... I'm sure it will happen before I know it.

She has effectively learned how to say "No."

It's actually adorable, and I'm sure it won't drive me crazy until she's older.

It started with the coffee table. She would start to put her leg up to climb onto it and I would say, "No, Tegan. Put your leg down please."

And she would put her leg down and say, "No. No. No."

Then she would put her leg on the table and I would give her the mommy look, and she would put her leg down and tell herself, "No."

Well... Now I actually don't get to tell her "No" until she is standing on the coffee table watching TV. When I tell her to get down she turns and looks at me, says "No." in a very stern voice, and turns back to watching TV. Then she pitches a fit because I take her down and turn the TV off.

I'm a good mommy... :P

She is learning how to dance too... Every time she hears music she likes, she runs around and bounces. It is so adorable! She is such a happy and sweet baby....

SPRING SEMESTER IS OVER! WOO!!!

Grades are slowly posting... B in Human Development and a B+ in History. :) I couldn't be happier.

And classes start again on Monday. No worries though.... My classes for Summer are actually fun and they don't last very long. I have darkroom photography on campus, another class online, and my canyoneering class that doesn't meet until June. But I'm so excited for it all! Hopefully I can decide what I really want to do... It's been on my mind a lot lately...

Do I really want to be a nurse? Is that the direction I really want to go in my life? I'm at work, and I'm working with these patients, helping them do whatever it is they need help with... and I love it. But then I get home with my daughter, and I read her stories and we play games and dance around the living room and we play outside... And I love the way her eyes light up when she's learning. I love her giggle and her smile... I love when she says new words. I love teaching her.

And I never thought I would be good with kids. Seriously. But since I have had her, and especially after one of the classes I took last semester, I have a better grasp on how their minds work and I actually love them. I want to be that person and help them learn. I want to be a kindergarten teacher. I want to be their Mrs. Clays.

But... Mrs. Clays was really old (and she may not have been as old as I thought is was because I was like 5 at the time and everyone older than you seems old....)

I want to teach the new generation and touch their lives... And make learning fun. I have all these ideas floating around in my head, but Tegan is too little for all of them.

Is there a way I can have both?

I keep thinking about doing home health during the summer when I'm not teaching classes... I keep having dreams about moving up to Oregon and giving Tegan the type of childhood I had.

I don't know it's all dreams and it's all ideas floating around in my head...

I can tell you that going through the teaching program as a single mother would be a lot easier than going through the nursing program.

It's all a big mess of whatever in my head right now. I wanna have the best of both worlds... And I'm sure I can find a way. We'll see how things go after this summer semester. I have a feeling that I'll understand it all better.

I do love where I work. It has its moments of chaos. But I love the people I work with, for the most part. And I love the company. And I love the benefits. I love a lot of things about where I work. But I'm not sure if I would love something else more.

Flip flop flip flop.

Whatever.

Still single. By the way. In case anyone was wondering. I am seeing someone, but in an effort to take it slow, we're not in a relationship. I'll have to get into that more later... Today I'm going to the Zoo. And Mother Nature can't stop me.

No comments: