Friday, December 3, 2010

'tis the season...

Well hello again!

It's been a long time... and a lot has changed and happened. And I need to blog more often to avoid using that phrase at the beginning of each post.

For starters, I don't work at the hospital anymore! It's totally bitter sweet. I'm not really sure what I'll do without that place, and to be perfectly honest the thought terrifies me. I am really going to miss all the people there... And I will actually miss all the work that I had to do. I'll miss the patients... I'll miss seeing all the gross awesome medical stuff that I thought was only in TV shows... But a new very very big happy door has opened up for me and it's time I take a big step over the threshold...

I am the new assistant teacher at a preschool down the street. And I couldn't be more excited about it. I don't start until next Wednesday which gives me time to catch up on all my school stuff and wrap up my semester. And I have officially decided to go into Early Childhood Education. I was so nervous! I still am! But this is a good change for me... It's about time.

I think the night of the blizzard sealed the deal for me. I messed up my car (this was the day before Thanksgiving and I still don't have my car) and I ended up having to stay the night at Tegan's daycare. It was one of the best worst things to ever happen to Tegan and I. We stayed up all night with some of the staff playing card games and eating junk food and talking girl talk. It was so fun! I got to stay in her class the next morning while I waited for insurance whatever to go through so I could figure out where to go or what to do. And I got to play with all the kids. I got to help the teachers while I waited and it made me excited to jump into it all. I feel confident that I can do this. I can't wait to get started!

Tegan is getting huge... She's really growing up and actually starting to say things that make sense... She loves watching movies and we're trying to get her away from the TV. Another big thing is stacking blocks and playing with puzzles. I can see the wheels in her head turning. She is so insanely smart. It is kinda scary. I hope I can keep up with her! She is kind of a dare devil though... She bit her cheek twice. Today. Ouch...

In other news.... I like the idea of moving to Oregon one day. One day soon. As soon as I can. I miss it like crazy and there are a million things pulling me that direction... One of them being a certain man whom I will write about in good time. I don't want to say anything yet, because the whole thing is just crazy and sounds too much like a fairy tale. And I really want this one to have a happy ending. I may have fallen head over Toms for this one. This could be it. And he knows it too.

But the whole idea of us is just crazy. Nuts. We need to go on a date before we decide anything and there is a lot more that we need to talk about that we can't talk about right now.

Now you're thinking, WHAT?! THEY HAVEN'T EVEN GONE ONE A DATE?! No. We haven't. He lives very far away but we have talked for hours on the phone and we have met several times. Something just always held us back before so we couldn't dive in. And we still can't really dive in. But we talk about things... Lots of things. And that's all I'm going to say.

Because the whole thing is just crazy.

Did I mention it's crazy? Because it is. Very crazy.

I may have found my modern day fairy tale.

What else....

Christmas tree is up! I got a super cheap one and my dad gave me some ornaments that my mom had left behind and the tree actually looks amazing. I am very proud of it. Tegan and I may not have a very big Christmas. She's little enough that she won't really know the difference. As long as I can find one gift and something to fill the stockings, I'm sure it will be okay. The holidays stress me out. I want to start all these traditions with her, but I don't even know where to begin. If I try to start now, I can keep up with it when she's older....

What I would really like to do is donate to someone that needs it. And then I realize that I don't even have anything for me, let alone something to give to someone else.

I think we'll just make gifts this year.... And eat. A lot. I've been single about this time every year. And if I haven't been single, I've been away from whoever it was that I was supposed to be with. I've never really had a long romantic walk in the snow, looking at Christmas lights hand in hand with a sweet young man. I've never been kissed under the mistletoe. I've never had an actual holiday season with a lover and I'm dying to know what it's like. One day...

Maybe a little further into the fairy tale.

No comments: