Tuesday, December 9, 2008

car crash...

I'm staring back
into the twisted metal
of our car crash romance...
my broken body
is intertwined with yours
and the steel frame
of what we once were.
Were we reckless?
Did we stray from our goal?
How did we end up... here?
Too fast? Too slow?
Maybe it's too late to know now...

This image I have that depicts "us"...
does it mean "us" will never happen again?
Are "we" too damaged...
no, too destroyed to ever happen again?

Was it suicide? Was it intentional? Was it an accident?

If I drive by myself, will the same thing happen?
Do we, or maybe more importantly for now, I, have any chance of recovery?

There is only one way to know... hopefully it will be worth it if I am ever broken again.

Make the repairs that need to be made... don't half ass it. Get new parts, learn new tricks. Hope for the best, but expect the worst. And if one day, that engine begins to turn again, and roar to life, the hard work will totally be worth it. A smile will come across my face, and I'll know that I can make it through anything, yet again. I'll just have to make sure that no one rides in the car with me, and I don't hitch a ride from someone else until I know it's safe...

And if my car runs again, at least gas prices have started to go down... ;) but let's still make this a fuel efficient model. The less we have to rely on others, the better. No matter how good or bad the economy is.

Wow, I'm tired... We'll save more for another night.

No comments: