Saturday, November 7, 2009

An Elephant Never Forgets...

Yesterday was Tegan's first trip to the zoo!

I got lots of pictures on my camera, and the boy got some on his too... BUT.... I still don't have the cable to connect my camera to my computer. Which is uber lame. I know it's around here somewhere... Or I'll have to get another one. At the very least, pictures will be developed, and scrapbooking will be involved. I even saved the bag from buying Tegan's souviners so I could use it as a background for the page. Look at me being all resourceful and stuff. Which reminds me... I need better scrapbooking supplies. It's something I'd really like to get into...

That's besides the point though, and totally not what this blog was supposed to be about.

Zoo! Right!

I hadn't been to the zoo in like... Ten years. Having a baby is more like an excuse for adults to do things that little kids do and act like they're pretending to get excited... when really.... We're just like big kids. We still love going to the zoo and to parks and stuff like that. We just pretend we're grown up for the other grown ups. No one is the wiser... Is any of this making sense?

Tegan loved the zoo. She was jumping around a squealing the entire time. It was so fun to get out of the house and actually do an activity with her! Since the boy has been around, there is more of that going on and I'm okay with it. In my head, when we're out doing our thing or hanging out at one of our houses, I keep thinking that it's supposed to be like this... This is what a family is supposed to be like.... It's nice.

I'm good at getting sidetracked right now, can you tell? Sleepy Mandy...

There weren't a lot of animals out because it is getting colder... But I know I want to go back this Spring. You know why?

This is why.....


Isn't it wonderful? She got totally worn out. I have never seen her jump around and giggle as much as she did. Even though she'll never remember the trip in a million years, it was nice for us. And it's a good memory to have. She loved looking at the animals, even though she didn't understand what was going on. You could see the wonder on her face. It was all stuff she had never seen before.

That's why you do stuff for your kids when they're little. That's why you take them to Disney when they're young. Because they're into the magic, and it's real magic to them. And it creates a memory for parents too. They can remember the look on their son or daughter's face the first time they went to the zoo, and saw an elephant for the first time. And it makes the magic real for the parents to see their kids this way.

I haven't even started planning her first trip to Disneyland yet... But I know that I'm just as excited about it as she will be. Once she knows what it is, of course...

Speaking of Christmas.... (I know I wasn't... but it's a good way to bring it up...) I'm thinking about making stockings this year. I've already got some good ideas and I'm very very very excited. I might actually have a good holiday season for once! I'll give more details as to why later...

Things are finally getting good.


1 comment:

Heather G. said...

Hey Amanda!
I only have 13 followers on my family blog...I have so many on my Gofita's Pages cuz I've been networking with other book bloggers out there...I review books and movies, have giveaways, I enter contests, join challenges, read and comment like crazy on other peeps' blogs and follow them too!

So fun to see Tegan getting so big and grown up! Gabe is getting there...we're still working on the crawling, but he loves the walker and gets into everything with that!