Thursday, July 2, 2009

And So It Goes...

A lot has happened since I last posted.  Well.... A lot and a little, I guess you could say.  But that's life.

Celebrities died.  Multiple big names... But I don't need to go into that.  This is my blog about my life.  And if you want to see who died in the past couple weeks you can look it up yourself.  But I will say one was a legend.  One was an angel.  One did infomercials.  One announced different things.  One owned a book store.  And I'm sure there's more.  But again.  My blog.  My story.  Not to be a bitch.  But there isn't a lot of time for me to write on a real computer these days....

SO.... Job update.  There isn't one.  They gave the job to that girl that had worked there before.  What a bummer.... I did so well with hiding my tears until the floor manager walked out of the break room.  And the secretary walked in right as she left and I just broke down and cried.  She put her hand on my shoulder and told me that it was going to be okay.  She and the other people on the floor knew how much I needed it.  Once she left, others came in and hugged me, and kept reminding me that there are going to be more openings in August and September...  But there is something out there.  Something better suited.  Something that will fit me and my situation.  I have got to keep my head up.  In the mean time, I'm trying to pick up a full time position in my current department.  It's not what I want, but it will take some work to get there.  Time.  And more energy.  Woot.

Tegan is absolutely adorable.  She giggles all the time and rolls all over the place.  She can not hold still!  She's starting to get up on all fours more... which means she will be crawling really really soon.  She has so much personality... And she looks just like me when I was a baby.  She has started to do more really cute things... She's discovered her feet and they are the most amazing thing in the world to her.  She constantly is grabbing her legs and pulling her foot into her mouth.  Which combines two of her obsessions into one joyous activity.  To her, it's the greatest thing since sliced bread... and she doesn't even know what that is yet.  She will put her hand on the side of my cheek and look into my eyes, and coo.  So adorable.  I love her. 

Her most random thing is how she tries to get my attention now.  She'll be playing on the floor.  Happy as can be.  Giggling like crazy.  And then she'll scream.  Not just a little baby scream.... A scream that makes me think she's cut her head open and I'll have to take her to the hospital.  But no.  When I rush over to see if she's okay, she immediately stops screaming and bats her eyelashes at me and smiles.  And giggles.  As if to say, "Ha ha Mommy!  Look what I can make you do!  I got you to come over here!  Neener, neener, neener!"  I'm already wrapped around her little fingers....  

She can eat an entire small jar of baby food in one sitting now, and it's the cutest mess I've ever witnessed.  She is one of the best things in my life, and I wouldn't give her up for the world.  Rays of sunshine on my cloudy day, or whatever.  I thought I was in love and then I met her... All those wonderful cliches.  Look at me, being all bright and shiny.

We're still working on child support.  I guess the guy is waiting for a report on his income, so I have to just keep on waiting.  Which is the worst part.  He should have been helping all along and it makes me sad that I have to force money out of her father.  But at least he's not involved.  Our lives are so much better without him.  We can move forward.  We can breathe deeper.  We can appreciate our lives more.

I was feeding her in my dad's room during a family function last night and read a little quote in his room....  "Sometimes on the way to our dreams we get lost and find a better one."  And it fit.  And I love it.  While playing in his room, I found old photo albums... and he showed me more pictures from my childhood.  It was amazing to say the least.  There were tons of memories I had forgotten all about.  It made me think of how far I had come and what had happened so far in my life.  So many adventures.  So many good memories.  So many learning experiences (or mistakes, as others would call them....).  It had taken me to places I never thought I would have gone.  I got lost, and I'm working on finding something better.  That's the way it goes.

2 comments:

Nancy said...

Another job will come along, when it's the right time. Good luck with the child support. We all have to get together sometime. I'd love to see little Tegan in person!

Heather G. said...

Looks like Tegan will be keeping you hopping! Gabe rolls all over the place too. He still hates his tummy time so hasn't gotten on all fours...one day! But we just started him on bananas yesterday! Super goopy and messy! It was great! good luck with Tegan's blessing Sunday. And let's really try to get everyone together later this month! I want to meet your adorable baby girl!