Tuesday, June 16, 2009

the crackberry...

I love my new phone! I got a blackberry a month ago and haven't really played with it much. Lucky lucky you, and me! I can now blog from my phone! How amazing is that!? Look at me, being all advanced and futuristic. Best idea ever.

The world is a crazy place. I've taken to watching the news lately and I can't believe the things I see. We won't get into it now, but people are stupid and crazy. It's depressing.

Tegan slept in her crib for 6 whole hours last night! Straight! She's getting so big. Every day is a new adventure with this little one. The more people meet her, the more I hear about how lucky I am and how amazing she is. She's smart. She's beautiful. And most importantly, she's healthy and happy. She rolls over both ways now, and sometimes will keep rolling until something gets in her way. Then she starts screaming until she can figure out she can roll back the other direction. She's even started a little bit of an inchworm thing where she sticks her butt up in the air to scoot her self towards her toys. I am totally amazed at how fast she's learning and how big of a personality she has already. And she's a little over four months old. I have a feeling I'm going to be chasing her around pretty soon.

She had her first bit of rice cereal today. With apple sauce and breast milk. What a breakfast! She's sleeping with a full yummy un my arms as I write on my space phone.

She is a thumb sucker for sure. It just took some time for her to find it. She refuses to take a bink, but loves her teething ring or anything else she can get into her mouth for that matter. Ha ha last night, I was playing with her with a Pooh stuffed animal, moving it around and making funny voices with it. She giggled like crazy.

There are so many features on this thing that I never thought I would use. Like a password keeper and google chat. But I find uses for everything on this addictive gadget every day. Speaking of google chat.... Randomly, not knowing I was signed into google chat, I started getting messages from a certain someone. I'm not entirely sure what to think about it. It's been happening for a couple months, off and on. We exchange pictures, keep each other updated, and talk about good memories. It feels good. And every time we say goodbye, I expect never to hear from him again, but am happy to know he is doing so well. I laugh out loud at the things we talk about and how similar our senses of humor are. A girl I work with actually knew said person and after working together one day, said she could see is being together. To make things even crazier, that day I had listened to the radio for the first time in forever and three songs we deemed as our own played one after another on my way to work after I had woken up from a dream that my daughter was chasing him around the backyard of his old house with a squirt gun. Who knows what will happen. I'm just happy to be alive now even though it's taking time for things to go my way. And yes, that whole last paragraph was about good ol' Brown Boot. He's not being as sneaky with his hauntings these days.

The nurses and CNAs on my floor are rooting for me on the sidelines! It gives a lot of encouragement on my end and it's so nice to know that they want me there. We'll see where that goes... Fingers crossed. There may be a chance for me afterall.

Medical update.... I had a CT and xray on Friday. We're not really sure what's going on yet, but it's causing a lot of pain. I went in again yesterday, and they did some bloodwork. Something about my sternum being swollen, the lining of my lungs being inflamed and a 3mm something in my right lung, and cartilage in different parts of my body becoming inflamed as well. Awesome. I'll do my best to keep everyone updated with that as well. It's been fun. The doctor called.... And my bloodwork came back normal. That's good news.

Well, baby is awake now. And it's time to be productive. Thanks for the support!

2 comments:

Heather G. said...

Wow! Your little Tegan is a mover and a shaker. Gabe's rolled over once and that's it, hasn't found his thumb yet and tummy time? Screams bloody murder. I guess it's ok that I won't be chasing him around very soon! Please fill me in on your health! I hope everything is all right!

notsogenius said...

Tegan used to scream during tummy time. And she used to roll on her tummy and freak out because she didn't like it. Isn't it weird how different every baby is? It just takes some time for babies to get used to their new bodies. I'm sorry he's been so colicy. :(