Wednesday, June 10, 2009

the good, the bad, and the whatever.



We went to the doctor today. Not always the best experience. Tegan will be 18 weeks on Friday, and she is doing everything early. She was born two weeks early, her umbilical chord stump fell off a week early, and now she's doing everything else early too! Babies usually roll over at around six months, but she's been rolling for a couple weeks already. Which means she'll be crawling and walking early too. Time really does fly. She is so smart! She talks all the time. And she knows how to grab things. Like her toys, my hair, and my thumbs whenever I try to text when I hold her. The doctor is amazed every time with how healthy she is and how quickly she's developing. She is really the light of my world right now, and I would not give her up for anything. And she is worth all the drama that I've gone through that actually put me where I am today... and all the other drama I'm going through now!

At the doctor's today she got her shots updated. She did okay at the office... they poked her, and she cried, and I almost punched them.... But she was okay and smiling after about 30 seconds. She slept most of the day when we got home, but when she was awake she was crying like no other. It's been insanely difficult to see her in pain and not be able to do anything about it. But I know worse things are going to happen as she gets older, and I'll still hold her helplessly while she cries.


In other news....

Work kinda sucks. I love working in the hospital, and would love to do nursing. But this housekeeping stuff has got to go. I am literally cleaning up other people's shit. Do you call that a good time? Nursing isn't always pretty, but that would really make me feel like I'm helping people. Don't get me wrong... hospitals need to be cleaned. They can get really gross. But that's not helping people the way I want to. It's so hard to have my CNA license and not be able to use it. A job opened up on the floor that I love working on. But sadly, I probably won't get the position because a girl that worked there a year ago applied to work there again. And they really like her. You never know though. It just gets really tiring to feel like I get the short end of the stick all the time.... And whoever keeps handing me the short end of the stick thinks it's really funny to shake it as hard as they can while I try to hold on for dear life. It's not fun anymore. And I feel like my managers don't listen to me like they should. I feel totally disposable.

It will be so worth it once I actually start taking my nursing classes and get headed further in that direction. I'm going to stick it out until I get where I want to be. Waiting sucks though.

In other bad news... haha, not funny. Anyway, Mike and I broke up. Which was really hard. He and I had been off and on for a few years, and I will always love him. In fact, he is still one of my best friends. For a while, I couldn't see myself being with anyone else. I was trying on wedding dresses and getting different ideas together for our wedding. And then something clicked.... I realized that he wasn't who I was supposed to be with. That there was someone so much better for both of us. I tried to keep seeing a future with him, and it just wasn't there. I pictured it a million different ways and he wasn't in any part of it. Which made me really sad. I was devastated. I don't think he understood how hard it was for me to break it off with him. But keeping him would have been selfish. If there was someone out there that could love him more than I could, I wanted him to be able to have that chance, and if he was with me, it wouldn't have happened. With me he would have been miserable.

I've been trying to get Tegan to sleep in her crib at night. It doesn't go very well all the time. And the only times I can really do it are the nights when I don't have to work the next day. One step at a time. Baby steps if you will. Being a mommy is one of the best things ever. It's so hard and easy and exciting at the same time.... and I wouldn't trade it for the world.

I've been painting the nursery. It's been so fun! It's all classic Winnie the Pooh. I'm about half way done. If you want to see pictures of that it's on my Facebook.

Anyway.... I promise I'll have more good news next time. I just thought it would be good to get everything out there and caught up.

TTFN

3 comments:

Nancy said...

I'm so glad Tegan is doing well. I think it would be fun to get everyone together from our prenatal class. Heather and I got together last week and it was so much fun to see her and little Gabe. Hope things start looking up for you at work!

Heather G. said...

Wow! Little Tegan is getting so big now! Gabe's a talker too, but he only rolled over once...I think he'll be a little behind since he's been colicky and have had to swaddle him all time so he hasn't gotten his exercise in. But when he screams so much..I just gotta do what calms him down. I guess he'll figure it out one day! I hope work gets better and that you get to use your CNA soon!

notsogenius said...

Thanks guys! I have been so terrible with blogging lately and I'm going to try to better. It would be so fun to get together! I want to see you and how your beautiful babies are doing!