Sunday, February 27, 2011

The birthday weekend!!



To say that my birthday weekend was epic would be an understatement. Legendary? May not even begin to describe it. Epically legendary? Possible.

I don't think I can recall every little detail that happened, but it all lead up to making some pretty amazing memories. It made me home sick. It all made me want to go to my apartment, pack up my things, and turn right back around and live in Oregon. I will openly admit it. I'm an Oregon girl through and through, and I can't wait until I can get back over there. Permanently.

It was hard to leave Tegan. I had to leave her for the whole weekend, and I used to do it all the time whenever I had to work at the hospital on a weekend, but this was the first time I had to leave her to go to another state. I knew she was left in good hands, thanks to my Airhead and the Ninja, but it was still hard. It helped that I had no reception the first night I was there, or I would have been calling to bug them every five minutes.

The plane ride was mellow... Two hours of my mind racing and listening to my iPod. I let my thoughts wander wherever they wanted to go, and they kept going back to HIM. I was excited to meet my godson for the first time. I was so excited to see my best friend from childhood and see how she played out as a mother. I was excited to see the "family" that had developed in my absence. I was excited to see water and greeness. My heart was racing. On top of all of that, I would see this man that I had been talking to over the last six months. Even though we had met three times before, I would finally get to see him after talking.... After getting to know each other for six months. We had made plans, we had talked about what that moment would be like. We had never touched each other, never even shaken hands... what would it be like?

I sent five different text messages and made phone calls when I got off the plane... I came walking past security and saw my childhood friend dancing in excitement to see me. I couldn't wipe the smile off my face! All my worries were washed away and I felt right at home.

We were talking about plans for the weekend (she told me her mother was in the car with her son... LIAR.) and a hand touched mine.

I heard a familiar voice behind me say, "Excuse me, miss... Can I help you with that?"

My heart stopped.

I turned around ready to punch whoever it was that was trying to steal my luggage, when I realized that it was him standing by me. My jaw dropped. My eyes bugged out of my head, and I gave him an awkward side hug. I was totally caught off guard, and Chelsea was laughing.

They had the truck all packed up and ready to go and we were on our way to the property where we would spend the first night. I kept looking up at him in total shock. I wasn't prepared for this. I wasn't prepared for the feelings and everything that came with seeing him. And I wasn't expecting to see him until later in the evening. I climbed in the back seat and he put my luggage in the back... He was a total gentleman, and it didn't let up, even after I left.

And handed me a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. :)

It took a while to get used to looking at him when I talked to him. It was pretty intense. I had heard this voice for six months and pictured his face when he was talking to me... but it was so weird to see him and hear him at the same time. His facial expressions, his smile! It was all a lot to get used to. A lot to take in.

Chelsea and I talked the entire way up to the property... We made plans and talked housewife talk... Baby proofing, cooking, recipes, business ideas... I've missed being close to her. With every word, I was mentally packing up my apartment to make it all happen faster.

So this property was amazing. 300 acres of beautiful land - green... Mud. We got dirty and played like Oregonians do.




1 comment:

Ryan said...

Such a beautiful location. Glad you had a fun weekend. Hope all is well!