Monday, December 28, 2009

It's Me O'Clock!

So.... I've decided to start a new thing.

I'm going to have a night time routine! Oh the wonders that could come from having a routine that one does every night! A complete regimen for beauty and personal mind/body health!

I'm kinda excited about it. Not gonna lie. Super stoaked!

I have had some issues with keeping up to date with the bliggity blog, and need to get better at taking some "me" time where I can just take an hour or two out of each day out for myself.... Because, well, let's face it... Being a mom, especially a single mom, can be difficult, and it's easy to forget yourself and put everyone else in front of you. AND... When you work in a hospital, constantly taking care of others, your needs tend to go on the back burner.

For example... The many times that you have worked an entire 12 hour shift without taking a lunch and you realize on the way out of the automatic front doors at the end of the day that you "forgot" to go to the bathroom after assisting others and reminding them to do so.... ALL DAY.

Admit it, you've done it. I know I have more than once. But... I did also go on a lot of road trips with my dad, and you learn how to hold it when you have to.

So here is the routine...

I get the little monster down for bed, after she has her bath and bedtime story and whatever... Then I watch whatever show happens to be on that night if that's what I want to do, and then the real "me time" kicks in. I've decided that Utah is a dry state, so I need to take some extra time and shower and lather the body up in lotion and get my hair ready for the next day. AND.... I even brush my teeth and put in my whitening trays, and I have a new face thing that I've started. Not like I need to get into details, but it feels nice. I've only done it a couple nights and it feels great.

After I do all that stuff, I take a minute and figure out where to go from there. You know what that gives me time for? BLOGGING! Something I need to get better at! Seriously.

I have also had an insanely productive day today. I went through everything and cleared out a lot of clutter from my room. I had a lot of it... But it was nice to get rid of a lot of stuff I didn't need. I will admit that I found some things that I didn't think I'd see again... Like the prom picture with Brown Boot.

And the key from our hotel room on prom night, which happened to be our one year anniversary. It was engraved with "Mr. and Mrs. Knowles, Little America Romance, May 7, 2005"

*sigh*

Even thinking about it now plays a montage of images from that night and our relationship.... The feeling that I knew who I would spend the rest of my life with, and how certain I was that this was the most amazing thing I would ever feel. It took my breath away. Like, literally. I couldn't breathe. I didn't think he had that effect on me still. But it's amazing how something, what, almost five years ago can still catch you off guard. You take life one breath at a time, and try to push that person out of your head, but they still creep in somehow. I still look at the mountains and remember how he would explain the way they formed to me... I see a sunset and I remember the construction site we used to go to on 1800 South to watch it set. I get a taste of chai on my lips, and remember the one month anniversary when I tasted it for the first time and he gave me that poem.

I didn't realize how much I thought about him... Which makes me wonder if he ever thinks about me the same way. If I randomly pop into his mind when he least expects it? I don't know.

Well, that's not the direction I wanted this blog to take... But whatever. Ha ha, see, that's how it happens! Every once in a while, he creeps into my head and then I can't stop.

There was something I wrote a long time ago that explained how it went...

"I miss you less with each deep breath,
but then there's times when I can't breathe,
and I'm back to where I started again"

Okay, done with that.

So!

Christmas! It was not everything that I expected it to be. First off, that guy I was seeing? McArmy? Well, he can kiss my ass to be frank. He kept being all weird and distant and never tried to resolve anything even though he said he wanted to. You can talk about how you want to fix things until your face turns blue and rainbows come out your butt, but until you actually do something about it, I won't believe you. And that's what happened.

But Tegan had an amazing time. She didn't really get the whole Christmas thing, but she loved playing with her hairbrush, and she was so cute playing with her new toys! It was a really simple year this year, and hopefully she'll be more aware of the season and really understand what's going on next year.

I got lots of pictures! And finally uploaded a bunch! Here is the link for the pictures from the zoo. And here is the link for the pictures of all the festivities....

And I just got really sleepy.... But let's keep this routine thing up, shall we? Because I deserve some good "me time"

The positive note I'm ending this one this time? Another thought I had while I was making Tegan's scrapbook....

"Not every story begins with 'Once upon a time',
but they all deserve a shot at 'Happily ever after'."

No comments: