Tuesday, September 8, 2009

sickness is not fun...ness? whatever.

My poor little Tegan has been really sick today. I took her to the doctor and they said that it was just a cold and some Tylenol should do, but just in case they gave me some medicine... And I ended up needing it.

As I type, I can hear her in the other room, sobbing in her sleep. I feel so terrible! Nothing I could do would calm her down. And finally she fell asleep and was totally relaxed when I put her in the crib. I feel so bad! She can't tell me what's wrong, and I can only guess....

She's had a stuffy nose for a couple days, but sometimes she will get them and they'll go away. Then she got a fever. Then she couldn't stop crying. My poor little girl... I hope things are okay tomorrow, because I have to work 3 twelve hour shifts, three days in a row.

It's times like these that I wish I could just be a stay at home mom, married to a rich whatever, so that I wouldn't have to leave her. But at the same time, it was driving me crazy to have her crying and have me try everything I could and fail over and over again. I was about ready to slam my head through the wall.

I can't believe how big she's getting! Every day she surprises me. She's only using one hand to support herself when she stand now, and it's CRAZY.

Soon it instead of, "Look Mom, one hand!" it will be, "Look Mom! No hands!"

Screwed. That would be me.

But, as usual, I'm off to try to sleep before she wakes up so I can get at least fifteen minutes in my bed without having to jump up and check on her right away...

She's still sobbing in her sleep.... Poor poor baby.

No comments: