Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Cotton Candy

He had me frozen - wrapped around him and strung along by sugar spun words and empty calorie promises that glistened in the sparkling sun. He has made me feel deceptively weak, fragile, and paper thin. But at the same time, some how, he inflated me to feel larger than life. My heart was twisted with his cotton candy charm.

I used to shrink with a the gentle pressure of his fingers and melt on contact with his lips like it was what I was made for.

For a moment, I tasted delicious and I fulfilled a trifling need that could be fulfilled by nearly anything. Then he would toss me aside while I awaited the next craving.

But I deserve more than to be thrown away with the rest of the garbage after a few mouthfuls of what felt like an empty soul had been carelessly devoured. Mouthfuls that now feel stolen.

Every part of me should be savored - my heart, my emotions, my feelings - not just my shell. Not just this shell that merely contains the pieces that have taken so long to fall into place and fit together.

I am not something that can be found whenever the craving attacks his taste buds and consumes his mind until the "want" is satisfied.

My specific flavor and uniqueness should bring someone to a time and place when the sun was warm and the water was high. A place where the waves crash on the shore and their feet tickle the sand. My flavor should be craved by someone who can imagine me in a place where we are happy together... It should be savored by someone who understands and appreciates what it is that made me who and what I am today.

Strong.

Sparkling.

Brilliant.

Solid.

.... And delicious.

(**Disclaimer** This is not to be taken in a perverted way, for those of you who are trying to twist it. I am merely comparing the way someone made me feel after recent events to how easily and sweetly cotton candy has a tendency to melt and dissolve so quickly. Kaythanksbye.)

No comments: