Tuesday, March 16, 2010

bla bla bla bla...

It's been a while since I've written... And I need to get some of the cobwebs dusted out of my head before I try to go to sleep. There have been some pretty crazy vivid dreams running through my head, and at some point I'll go into more detail with those, but I'm not ready to yet.

Life has been insanely enjoyable. I had an opportunity to make the acquaintance of a wonderful man, but the relationship didn't last long. It seems to be happening a lot since brown boot walked though my life. And now that I'm a single mom, my standards have been set higher and I'm a lot more picky about who I share my time with. In stead of meeting lovers, I keep making friends. Kind of. I try to anyway. There seems to be this thing where I am perfect for someone, and everything they are looking for, but they're always missing something. It's not their fault at all! It's all me and my dark and twisty head. I honestly can say that I want happily ever after, and I know that everyone says it's right around the corner, but they need to be more specific. Which corner are you talking about here? Is it one that is even in my line of vision?!

Apparently not. But I'm okay with it. Seriously. I'm happy not being in a relationship, and it took me a long time to get there and be okay with and love who I am in my own skin. I don't need to impress anyone but myself. That fact alone makes me happy. Shameless flirting is fun here and there. And even though my bed gets lonely, it's better to snuggle up to a body pillow than with someone that doesn't deserve it.

Work is awesome. Even when I have a terrible day, I come out of the door smiling because of the amazing people I work with. If any of them are reading this, you guys are rock stars. Seriously. We all put up with a lot of shit, and its amazing to have so many people that are all willing to work together and help each other out. This past week has totally proved that. So... Thanks. If I haven't said it already.

School is kicking my ass. It's fun to work my brain though. I forgot how smart I was. But there is so much reading! LORD! Most of the info is staying in my brain though! Happy day! And speaking of... I'm getting mostly A's and B's! WOOT! I have another midterm tomorrow, so I should really get some sleep... I tried to study my best, but I'm not sure how well it will go... I fell a little behind in my studies when I decided it was a good idea to play with friends instead of focus... and we need that every once in a while.

I need to do this writing thing more often... How many times have I said that? Gah... I really need to. Part of the whole, making time for me, thing. It can and will be done.

PS... I'm totally thinking about busting out my old 35mm and taking some shots this summer... maybe doing photography for one of my fine arts credits. The idea gets me excited. :)

No comments: